Administration and Finance Support
The finance and administration department is essentially responsible to ensure that all financial, administration and personnel functions of the organization are conducted in a professional, accurate and timely manner in compliance with legal requirements and according to the policies and procedures of the organization. Service is provided on a not for profit basis.
Some ways this department assists families connected to DAFRS:
- Administer Individualized Funding Contracts (includes SSAH, Passports)– broker or hold funds in trust.
- Administer payroll for families – set up a payroll account with CRA, coordinate receipt of invoices, process payroll, prepare government remittances and filings.
- Administer payment to self-employed support workers on behalf of families.
- Provide assistance to families with general accounting guidelines and basic requirements.
- Provide information related to employee issues, Employment Standards Act and Labour Laws.
- Income tax preparation service provided at a not for profit rate – this is provided for anyone interested in the service.
Finance and Administration Documents
Do you submit invoices to DAFRS? Find current documents below!
Durham Association for Family Resources and Support (DAFRS) provides a direct deposit payment service for families who choose to have their hired workers paid this way. Invoices, once approved, are sent to DAFRS on a bi-weekly basis, based on an annual schedule issued by DAFRS at the beginning of each calendar year.
Direct Deposit Schedule2018
Schedule of Invoice Due Dates, Pay Periods, and Direct Deposit Dates. Invoices must be submitted by Mondays at 4:30pm.
Self-Employed Contract Invoice2019
Service invoice for hours and rate – use when direct deposit is applicable.